19 January 2014

Fellow Americans: you can have it too

The following joke, that I have recently received via e-mail from a friend (in Russian), is certainly aimed at the Russian president, one Putin Vladimir Vladimirovich. It was clear to me after the first reading. But, upon reading it again, I had me a second thought: why Putin only? It is fitting any other president or a similar figure. Especially after I recalled that "You didn't build this road" etc.

So, dear Americans (and whoever else wants this): if you like it, you can have it too. Enjoy.

A journalist (J) is interviewing a farmer (F).

J: So, Mr ..., what can you tell me about the last year on your farm?
F. Well, all in all it was not a bad year. The grain harvest was good and we'll not want for bread this winter. And potatoes... the potatoes definitely surprised - we have a full cellar. And the old sow of ours, she farrowed, again a surprise...
J: And don't you think it fitting to thank the President for this good year?
F: Why? I have plowed the fields myself, harvested myself, all we have I done myself.. why would I thank...
J (in a harsher tone): Why? Think again why.
F (after considering the issue some): Well, upon a second thought, grains and potatoes - it is purely my work from start to finish. As for the sow... I can't rightly say, anything could have happened...

Hat tip: Y.Z.

6 comments:

SnoopyTheGoon said...

ROTFLMAO!! I'm stealing this and you can't stop me.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

You are welcome. After I stole so much stuff from you, should you ask for permission? Cheers.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

What have you stolen from me??!!! (I guess maybe I should visit more often.)

SnoopyTheGoon said...

ROTFLMAO!! You're bad.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Quite a few good ones here and there, can't say for sure. Need to search for "Louise" to find them. And surely you should visit, it's lonely here in our hot dry desert, with only camels for entertainment...

SnoopyTheGoon said...

I know ;-)