I assume that by now all readers of this blog know the tragic story of Alberto Nisman, the Argentinian prosecutor that did his best to unravel the web of lies and corruption behind the bombing of Jewish community center in Buenos Aires and the coverup of Iranian involvement by the government of Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner. If you need a refresher, here is a timeline of the events.
I don't think that by now anyone still doubts that Alberto Nisman was murdered, only a day - nay, even less than a day - before presenting his findings about Kirchner's involvement to the Argentine congress. It is quite difficult to see how anyone - aside of people close to Ms Kirchner and/or Iranian intelligence services - was involved in the murder. Of course, the reality sometimes is stranger than anything a thriller writer could concoct, and nothing is impossible. However, one Dr. Meir Margalit*, with helpful assistance of Haaretz, succeeded to boldly step... nah, boldly jump into a cesspool of a conspiracy theory to beat any existing one so far. Happily spreading the contents of the cesspool over anyone not careful enough to keep his/her distance. Here it comes, the headline of his piece:
Argentina’s Jews are serving the far right’s silent revolution
I shall try to condense the revolting article to a few bullet points for your convenience (but by all means, read it all if your stomach could bear):
- Dark forces from the past are returning, keen to reap vengeance on the Kirchner family.
- The murder of Alberto Nisman is a well-timed right-wing conspiracy, in cahoots with former police and army officials, to overthrow the government.
- True, the affair revolves around the 1994 terror attack on the AMIA Jewish community center in Buenos Aires — and the 85 victims who were buried underneath. BUT:
- In the 1970s, the number of Jews murdered by the junta by Israeli-made arms was several times greater than the number of Jews later murdered by Tehran’s minions in Buenos Aires.
- The Jewish community doesn’t notice that the far right is latching onto the legitimate protest and building the revolution's foundations based on its criticism.
- Nisman was infected by the obsession with Iran that infected the entire community.
- Nisman was nourished by materials that Israel gave him [here the Zionists surfaced eventually!], and was used by the right wing.
- Israel probably isn’t directly involved in the affair, but is an extremely(sic!) powerful player making things complicated for two major reasons: first, because this is a chance to strike at Iran; second, because Israel has a score to settle with Latin America’s “left-wing” governments that embrace the Palestinians and vote against Israel at the United Nations.
Mind-boggling, isn't it? And I can make the above even shorter:
Dr Margalit: you are a scumbag of the first order, and I am ashamed of the fact that your feet tread the same ground I do.
(*) Dr. Meir Margalit - a freaking beacon of progressiveness.